Friday, May 23, 2008

Lessons Learned

Wednesday night, I had dinner with EH (in town from Beijing) and two of her close friends from college.

One of them actually met her husband on match.com. She had some pointers for me. Every time she had some contact with a creepy guy (a wink, an email, and unfortunate date), she'd update her profile and add to her list of "Don't contact me if you..."

She once got a very angry email from some random guy who told her that she was a bitch.

But that's mostly because he embodied every trait she had included on that list.

So I am considering doing the same.

Don't contact me if you:

1. wear thick gold chains around your neck
2. can't spell
3. have a picture of someone else entirely up on your profile
4. are 60 years old and have a foot fetish
5. think that an appropriate ice-breaker is a marriage proposal
6. are a virgin and want to tell me about it in your first email to me
7. look like toad
8. are proud of a special handshake you "invented" which you have named: The Rock Lock

I wonder how long it will take before I get my first "hate email."

No comments: