Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Experiment

OK, as much as I want to "hide" my profile on match.com and shield myself from the horror of it, I can't. I talked EA into joining match.com and she has told me in no uncertain terms that I need to be slogging about in its depths with her.

So I updated my profile in a way that I believe more accurately reveals my personality. Basically, making clear that if you are a man who is not very easy on the eye and who lacks an even basic understanding of how to spell (or how to use spell check), then go elsewhere, 'cause this cute petite Asian girl is NOT sweet or nice or willing to look beyond the physical to appreciate your "inner beauty."

I also added more pictures, namely, a picture of me in a bikini.

My theory is that while my profile is now riddled with insults and bitchiness and four syllable words, it will not actually weed out the freaks who contact me.

From the male perspective, my profile will read: "blah blah blah blah blah" and all they will see is me in a white halter bikini.

So far, my theory appears to be holding strong. In a matter of hours, I have received numerous emails from men telling me: "You seem very nice. Can we talk?" (This after I specifically wrote in my revised profile that I am NOT nice).

HA.

I will now re-email all the men who have previously ignored my attempts at communication.

Will keep you apprised.

2 comments:

Peter said...

I'd suggest that nice men who aren't on match.com deserve to see you in a bikini, too.

Speaking of which, I'm planning on having my birthday party at Jones Beach, which is more kid-friendly than a bar in the Meatpacking District. So be there, end of June. I'll remind you as the date gets closer...

C-Belle said...

Peter, count me in! White halter bikini and everything.