Thursday, July 3, 2008

Going Potty, Part Deux

It's been almost exactly two months since I received my Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree. Those of you who read this post are already privy to the reality of my black thumb.

So, for the last two months, I have dutifully cared for my tree according to all the advice/instruction I could dig up through my obsessive Google searching on the topic. About 2-3 weeks after receiving the tree, the leaves started dropping. And kept dropping for a few weeks. I was, of course, very concerned. Google was no help. Leaves can apparently drop due to under-watering AND over-watering. But I soldiered on.

About 2 weeks ago, the leaves stopped dropping (there is still an abundance of leaves, don't want to leave the impression that I now have a bare stick jutting out of a big pot). And wonder of wonders, three beautiful white flower buds appeared! They bloomed quickly and in just a few days, they began to wither.

But all in all, this was a promising sign of life.

This morning, I watered the tree, and what did my astonished eyes behold? Three teeny tiny green lemons!

So I ran out and bought the biggest bottle of Grey Goose Citron I could find. I want all to be in readiness for when my lemons ripen. Perhaps next I'll buy a dwarf lime tree.

2 comments:

Bartleby said...

Next get a juicer. Sipping mix of carrot and celery - wonderful. A touch of lemon might be nice.

MrsCooper said...

I always have a problem with my orchids which have never ever grown back after the initial blossom. I’ve tried in every humanly way possible to save them but with no success. I don’t understand because it’s not like I live in Alaska with temperature down to my ankles. I think these are genetically modified plants with a lifespan of 4 weeks. Maybe it’s my problem or this is a way to help sales volume.

Lemon with warm water first thing in the morning is very beneficial to your health. Try it.