Saturday, March 1, 2008

User Error

I have great faith in human incompetence. So user error as an explanation for why something doesn't work as it should makes sense to me.

But user error in applying face cream?

I was in a department store the other day on a directed mission but was distracted by something shiny, and as I stood transfixed, a salesperson pounced on me and asked if I wanted to try a $300 face cream.

In response to my polite "no thank you," she persisted and finally I had to tell her that I had used the product before and while it was lovely, it didn't really do anything for me.

"Oh, you must not have been using it correctly," she told me.

I disengaged myself as politely as I could, but really wanted to say, "OMG, it goes on my FACE? That's what I was doing wrong!" So I just thought it really loudly instead.

2 comments:

MomVee said...

Now that's a line worth reusing: I have great faith in human incompetence.

Did you know that Germaine Greer has a new book out about insomnia?

Susanna Seoul Searching said...

So many other parts of your body that you could be "using" it on...