Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom

MG needed emergency childcare this afternoon for the lovely and precocious AG, so I came to the rescue.

I called KK beforehand for advice. What does one do with a four year old? I mean, I was pretty sure smoking and drinking wouldn't be on the agenda.

KK interrupted me, astonished: "She asked YOU to take care of her child? Does she KNOW you?"

So AG and I watched Jurassic Park together and AG covered my eyes during the scary parts with a hand that smelled suspiciously of ham.

And then we played Cinderella. I was pleasantly surprised that AG wanted me to be Cinderella so she could be a wicked step sister. But as I then proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes being bossed around mercilessly, I saw the cleverness of her choice.

She deviated from the story somewhat by producing two princes: a large comfy looking bear and a small, gnarly-looking frog. The princes chose their respective mates. AG got chosen by the bear; I got chosen by the frog. And then we were to sit on the sofa with our blankets and princes to watch TV.

As we were getting settled on the sofa, AG told me: "You can sit next to your prince if it is uncomfortable to sit on him. But no kissing until you are married."

From the mouths of babes.

No comments: