Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Tiara Kind Of Day

Woke up blue this morning.

Usually, watching a horror movie, while wearing a tiara, is the antidote. But I found myself, inexplicably, watching Under The Tuscan Sky.

Not sure why I'm in such a sappy mood.

I don't like it.

WC and I met for drinks yesterday afternoon. And I've realized something... we almost always end up crying. It wasn't always this way. It's only the last few years that we've turned into weepy drunks, when drinking together. But then... it's not surprising, is it. Can't live a life without encountering reasons to cry. And we've seen each other through many of them; their memories never do fully fade. Apparently, they emerge on quiet weekend afternoons, when WC and I are sitting on neighboring bar stools, sharing a bottle of a dry white.

"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game."
- from Under The Tuscan Sky

The cynic in me wants to throw up a little in my mouth.

And yet... isn't that what we all hope for? Even the most cynical of us. Even me.

No comments: