Monday, December 15, 2008

"I'm Irresistible, You Fool"

Gorgeous Hunk O' Man (JF) got dumped by his boyfriend over the weekend.

I'm stunned.

He's the most beautiful man I've ever seen naked. (Not what you are thinking. Unless you are thinking that when we lived in the same city and on evenings when he'd take me out dancing to some gay club, I'd go to his apt to pick him up and he was always running late so I'd sit on the toilet seat and keep him company and chat with him while he showered and preened).

He is also brilliant. And funny. And successful. And beautifully mannered. And sharply (but never meanly) witty. And is a clever writer and conversationalist. Sure, yes, he's also terrified of commitment and emotionally unavailable, but I mean really, who isn't?

I have to admit, while I am stunned, it is oddly comforting. If even Gorgeous Hunk O' Man (JF) can be dumped, then it's not so wildly mindblowing that the rest of us can be, apparently, all too resistible.

No comments: