I thought I'd be in a highly weakened physical state by now, but that hasn't been the case. If anything, my normal state is now punctuated by moments of extreme frenzy - and not necessarily related to food. I got it into my head the other day that I desperately needed more bath salts from Sabon, so I threw on my coat and ran out the door. 30 minutes later, I was power walking around Union Square with no idea why I had left my apartment. I only remembered later that evening when I took a bath and found my plentiful stash of bath salts.
Here's a list detailing how detox is affecting me:
- I'm talking a little too quickly
- I find myself unable to maintain eye contact without getting really antsy
- I have trouble concentrating
- I pendulum wildly between crankiness and calling everyone "darling"
- I spend a little too much time sniffing my New Love
And the universe is trying to thwart my detox:
- SH, the owner of the market across the street, called me to see if I wanted her to bring me some Korean food
- TO texted me asking where the fuck I have been and have I been cheating on him by drinking at another bar
- On my way to the laundromat, the guys at Ray's pizza waved at me, in a way I construed as particularly mocking
- On my way to the bank, I ran into the corner diner delivery guy who said, "Hi Honey, no grilled cheese today?"
- CL emailed me yesterday and offered to come over with a pizza and a bottle of wine
- BB mocked me by telling me that he just happened to throw a perfectly good tin of low sodium spam into the river. Although, this may have been a joke. I lost my sense of humor a couple days ago.
But I am staying strong. For now.