Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I Threw Up A Little In My Mouth

My Heart Will Go On is a horrible song. It enrages me - rather like waving something red at an angry bull.

And yet, in advance of my fast, I have downloaded not only that song, but also the following:
  • Say You, Say Me
  • We've Got Tonight
  • Wind Beneath My Wings
  • Theme From Mahogany
  • Who's Crying Now
  • Open Arms
  • The Way We Were

These are my guilty pleasure songs. They are wonderfully suited for gesturing dramatically to, which, as my fast proceeds, might be all I have the strength to do.

I am moderately worried that I'll emerge from my fast not only thoroughly detoxed, but also with a room temperature IQ. In fact, I might be able to communicate only via song lyrics:

"C-Belle, boozy brunch tomorrow?'

"Who knows what tomorrow brings?"

"What the fuck does that mean? Yes or no?"

"My spirit is free, laughing at the questions that you once asked of me."

"You said your fast would be broken by now. Do you remember that?"

"Misty water-colored memories."

"God, you are SO annoying."

"Say you, say me."

"I'm hanging up now."

"My heart will go on, and on..."

No comments: